Departure for Korea, we take you on a taste journey to visit a unique super healthy, complete, and easy to prepare the dish. Do you follow us? It’s time to make your own recipe for bibimbap, this complete bowl with or without meat, which is available as you wish. A complete dish and ultra common in Korea, which is a delicious-off dish. You will love it!
Bap means “rice” in Korean. It is the basis of this dish for which we use white and round rice. For the rest, nothing is set in stone and there are as many versions of bibimbap as there are people who prepare it! In fact, you can add more or less the vegetables you want, and the garnish you like.
The bibimbap (or bi bim bap) can be cooked with animal proteins or as a vegetarian dish, it depends.
The ingredients of bibimbap
What you will really need is round Asian rice that you will steam, either in a rice cooker or with just the saltwater you need and that the grains of rice will absorb.
We start by rinsing the rice before cooking.
We find most often in bibimbap spinach, sauteed mushrooms, barely scalded soybean sprouts, half-cooked carrots, green beans, or thin zucchini sticks, sometimes al dente, raw cucumber …
The most popular version of bibimbap in France is beef, with marinated, minced, or minced meat.
For the marinade, you will need soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar (or honey), and salt, garlic, and fresh ginger. Some recipes add a spoonful of rice vinegar.
We can rethink this recipe by replacing the beef with strips of pork, slices of raw fish (“Hoe-deopbap” often deformed into “hwe bibimbap)”, sauteed shrimp, or tofu.
Very often, this dish is topped with a fried egg or an omelette (more rarely).
We will mix honey or sugar with red pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, crushed sesame seeds, and if you find gochujang, this spicy Korean condiment.
Finish it with spicy pickled vegetables, such as kimchi (marinated and spiced fermented cabbage).
The essential bowl to make a bibimbap
No bibimbap without a bowl! And we’re not talking about a breakfast bowl here, but a pretty XXL Asian bowl, designed for dishes like bibimbap, Chinese soups, Vietnamese bosun, Japanese udon, etc. So a little bigger.
And don’t forget your chopsticks!
The easy bibimbap recipe for 4 people
How to make bibimbap? We give you the beef bibimbap version (the recipe for real bibimbap) but we can also cook a chicken bi bim bap or vegetarian bibimbap.
- x 4 bowls
- 300 g of Japanese round rice
- 300 g of beef tenderloin
- 250 g of button mushrooms
- 250 g of fresh bean sprouts
- 4 eggs
- 3 medium firm carrots
- 1 kg of fresh spinach
- 2 zucchini or 300 g of green beans fresh or 1/2 Chinese cabbage depending on the season
- 15 g fresh ginger, grated
- 8 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp neutral honey
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds Optional: fresh cilantro, kimchi
- Late marinate 300g beef fillet slats 4 in rice vinegar cs + 8 soy sauce cs cs + 1 + 3 honey chopped garlic cloves 8 cs + sesame oil + 1 teaspoon pepper paste (optional) + 15g grated fresh ginger. For at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let cook Japanese round rice 300g steam. Book.
- Cut your vegetables into sections (carrots, zucchini, green beans …) of the same length and cook al dente without forgetting to salt lightly. They need to stay crunchy so they don’t lose all of their good nutrients and are more digestible. Saute the mushrooms, add some raw if you like (carrots, cucumber ..).
- Cook the fresh spinach leaves stewed, salt. Quickly immerse your bean sprouts in boiling water, so they do not soften.
- Drain and arrange in a rosette in a bowl at the bottom of which you will have previously put the rice, leaving space for the beef.
- Sauté the beef in a hot wok, with a little marinade.
- Fry a very fresh egg to leave the yolk almost raw. Choose organic eggs!
- Prepare a sauce by mixing sesame oil with chili paste, even a little liquid honey, and even water. Do not forget to sprinkle your dish with sesame seeds (black sesame will be the best effect).