sew a hole in clothes, It is not necessary to carry the torn item to the atelier. Most tissue damage is easy to deal with on your own.
In this article, you will learn how to beautifully sew a hole in clothes from any material.
How beautiful it is to sew a hole on a jacket if it is torn at the seam
This is perhaps the easiest option – it is very easy to sew the jacket along the seam.
- threads to match;
- ripper (if there is a lining);
- sewing machine or needle.
- If the jacket has a lining, rip it apart at the seam.
- Connect the edges at the site of the break of the damaged jacket and the seams on a sewing machine or by hand.
- Try to copy the factory seam as much as possible so that the repair is invisible.
- Make a seam a couple of centimetres longer than the hole to securely hold the edges of the fabric.
- Sew the lining in the same way.
How beautiful to sew a jacket by hand
The previous method can be simplified even further. You don’t even have to open the lining to do this. Insert the needle from the wrong side and close the hole with a blind seam, making straight parallel stitches.
How beautiful to sew a hole on a jacket without darning
To the delight of those who do not know how to sew neatly, when repairing clothes, you can do without any seams at all.
- a piece of polyethylene;
- patch fabric;
- Cut out the patch slightly larger than the hole.
- Attach a piece of polyethene from the seamy side.
- Put a patch on the front side and warm it up with an iron.
- Straightened polyethene will secure the patch in place.
How beautiful to sew a hole on a bolognese jacket
To speed up the process, we suggest not darning the damage, but sealing it. To do this, you will need:
- glue “Supermoment”
- patch fabric
- Cut out the patch to fit.
- From the seamy side, treat the fabric at the tear site with acetone to degrease it.
- Apply a thin layer of glue to the patch.
- Join the edges of the hole and glue the patch on the wrong side.
- Place the jacket under the press until the glue is completely dry.
How beautiful to sew a hole on a down jacket
It’s time to wear a down jacket, but did you find a hole on it? No problem! We’ll show you how to quickly and discreetly fix your favorite jacket.
- If the hole is small, you can do without the patch.
- First, cut off the threads that are sticking out.
- Gently rip up the down jacket from the inside out.
- Hand sew with fine stitches.
How beautiful it is to sew up a big hole in a winter jacket
If the damage is impressive and cannot be simply sewn up with threads, a patch must be prepared. It’s good if you didn’t throw away the extra piece of fabric that is usually attached to the jacket when buying. If this material is not available, you will have to pick up the fabric in the store.
- sewing glue;
- Remove the fabric fibers sticking out of the hole.
- Cut the patch to fit.
- Apply glue to the wrong side of the patch and glue the part to the break.
- Put a press on your jacket and leave it on for a few hours.
How beautiful to sew a hole on a thin fabric
To repair your clothes completely invisibly, use this life hack.
- cobweb adhesive tape;
- Place the item on a flat, level surface and spread it out.
- Cut two identical squares from the spider web slightly larger than the size of the hole in the fabric.
- Turn the squares into circles by cutting off the corners.
- Place the circles together with the smooth side out.
- Place them under the hole on the wrong side.
- Connect the edges of the hole with your hands.
- Take an iron, set it to medium temperature and warm up the joint for 30 seconds.
How beautiful to sew up a round hole
- thread to match the fabric or transparent nylon thread;
- Carefully remove loose threads and fibres from the fabric.
- Bring the edges of the hole together.
- Sew infrequent, inconspicuous stitches, moving the needle in a circle.
- Pull off the thread so that the edges of the break come together tightly.
- Secure the thread on the wrong side of the garment.
- Smooth the fabric with your hands, gently pulling to the sides.
How beautiful to sew a hole in your pants
- sewing machine;
- threads in the colour of the fabric;
- adhesive fabric;
- Turn the pants inside out and type a stitch at the break.
- Attach a strip of glue to the seam and treat it with a hot iron.
- Turn the pants to the right side and sew again on the sewing machine.
How beautiful to sew a hole by hand
It is better to sew up small damages by hand; on large gaps, hand seams will be noticeable. The repair algorithm is very simple.
- a piece of fabric to match the thing;
- threads matching the color;
- tailor’s or stationery pins.
- If threads stick out around the hole, they need to be cut.
- Turn the garment inside out and attach a piece of fabric with pins.
- Darn the hole manually by grabbing the fabric.
- Cut off excess material with scissors.
How beautiful to sew clothes without a sewing-machine
When fixing clothes, you can easily do without a sewing machine and even without threads at all! One of the easiest ways to not only hide damage but also refresh your design is to use iron-on stickers.
- thermal sticker;
- Apply the sticker to the garment at the break.
- Cover with gauze.
- Treat with a hot iron, applying it for 30-50 seconds.
How beautiful it is to sew up a hole with threads if the side seam has come apart
- thread to match the stitch.
- Thread the needle and make a small knot.
- Remove the needle from the wrong side, hiding the knot in the fold.
- The thread should come out to the edge of the fold.
- Begin sewing a few millimeters before the split seam to strengthen it.
- Use a 3-6 mm needle to grip the fabric with a straight stitch and joining the two sides of the garment. The needle should come out to the right side.
- Move the needle back to the opposite side.
- Stitch 3-6mm and bring the needle to the right side.
- Remember to pull the pieces together after each stitch by pulling on the thread.
- Continue sewing until you have completely joined the edges of the hole.
- On the last stitch, thread the needle through the loop and tighten the knot. Repeat a couple of times.
How beautiful to sew pants on the knee
If you need to beautifully sew a hole on your knee, we offer a simple but proven method that even someone who has never been fixing clothes can handle. By the way, if your jeans are torn, you can not sew up the hole, but turn it into part of the design.
- threads in the color of the fabric;
- First of all, use scissors to remove the threads sticking out around the holes. Be careful not to damage the entire fabric.
- Turn the pants inside out and use a needle and thread to stitch the hole several times. Sew the stitches as close together as possible.
- Fasten and cut the thread to remove excess fabric.
- Then heat the iron and apply it to the repaired area. This technique will help smooth out the problem area, and the marks of the repair will become less noticeable.
How beautiful to sew up a big hole in your pants
If the hole is very visible, try the next method.
- sewing machine;
- Iron the pants, including the break.
- Place a piece of Dublin on the hole and iron it from the inside and from the front with an iron.
- On a sewing machine, sew the edges from the seamy side with small stitches.
How beautiful to sew a hole in the pants between the legs
If the gap is small, you can sew a hole in clothes it manually.
You will need:
- threads to match the fabric;
- Remove the sticking out threads.
- Use a “blind” stitch to process the hole from the wrong side vertically, stepping back a couple of centimetres from the right edge.
- Keep darning until they completely cover the hole.
- Pull the thread by the thread, bringing the fabric together.
- Secure the thread with a knot from the inside.